Hannah’s recipe for savoury courgette waffles is a delicious healthy option to have for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner; it is light, fluffy and ready within 10 minutes. A great healthy option to keep you on track in the New Year.
Alrighty, you’ll need:
For the waffles:
- 35g spelt flour
- 10g unflavoured protein powder (optional)
- 100g grated courgette
- 50g egg whites
- ½ tsp. bbq seasoning
For the toppings:
- The Collective Straight Up yoghurt
- 4 asparagus
- 1 egg
- Black pepper to season
Now you need to:
- Grease your waffle maker.
- Mix together all of the waffle ingredients until well combined.
- Heat your waffle maker and pop the mixture in; make sure that you don’t put too much in as it will burst out the sides.
- Cook your waffles for approx 10 minutes.
- Whilst the waffles are cooking, boil your asparagus and make your poached egg.
- To make your poached egg boil around 2 inches of water in a sauce pan. Crack your egg in to a mug. Once the water is boiled, bring the water down to a simmer, put in some salt and white vinegar and then stir your water to make it swirl. Once swirling, gently put the egg in the pan and just leave it to cook for 3 minutes.
- Take your egg out, place it on top of the waffles, put some plain yogurt on top and sprinkle with pepper!
Hannah is a blogger, teacher, taste-maker and fitness enthusiast. Visit Hannah’s blog for even more delicious recipes: www.hannah-eats.com
Share your savoury waffles with us on social media:
Facebook – thecollectiveinuk
Twitter – collectivedairy
Instagram – thecollectiveuk