Not all porridge has to be sweet! Try makin’ our savoury porridge topped with our Natural Kefir Cultured Yoghurt for a delicious and healthy way to start your day.
Alrighty, you’ll need:
For the mushrooms
- 2 handfuls mushrooms, sliced lengthways
- Pinch of salt
- Knob of butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Splash of soy sauce
For the porridge
- 100g oats
- Approx 400-500ml stock, milk or mix of both
- 2 tbsp. white miso
For the spinach
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil, plus a li’l more to serve
- 2 handfuls spinach, rinsed
- Splash of rice vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed and sliced
- 2 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- The Collective Natural Kefir Yoghurt
Now you need to:
- Heat the mushrooms in a dry pan on a medium-high heat with a pinch of salt. As they cook, they’ll begin to release their juices and at this point turn the heat down a wee bit and add the butter, garlic and soy sauce. Cook until soft and glossy.
- Meanwhile, place the oats and 400ml stock/milk in a saucepan on a medium heat. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon until all of the liquid has been absorbed, adding a splash more liquid if desired, until you reach the consistency you like. When the porridge is ready, turn down the heat and stir in the miso.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and wilt the spinach. Add the vinegar and season. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm while you cook your eggs.
- In the same frying pan, heat a knob of butter until melted, then crack your eggs and fry until the whites have set. Season the yolks.
- Divide the porridge, mushrooms and spinach between two bowls and top with an egg and half an avocado each. Sprinkle over the herbs, crispy onions, sesame seeds and chilli flakes. Drizzle each bowl with tahini and a li’l more toasted sesame oil. Finish each bowl off with a good dollop of The Collective Natural Kefir Yoghurt and dig in!
This recipe was created by Olivia Williamson. If you make our Savoury Miso Porridge with our Natural Kefir Cultured Yoghurt, then share it with us on social media and tag us in your creations using #thecollectivekitchen and we might have to treat you!
Facebook – thecollectiveinuk
Twitter – collectivedairy
Instagram – thecollectiveuk