These deliciously spiced poached pears served up with our Pear ‘n’ Maple limited edition yoghurt make for the perfect autumnal dessert, plus they’re super easy to whip up for a showstopping dinner party finisher!
Serves 6-8 folks
Alrighty, you’ll need:
- The Collective Pear ‘n’ Maple limited edition yoghurt, to serve
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 bottle (750ml) dry white wine
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 cloves
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 ripe but firm William’s pears, peeled cored and halved
Now you need to:
- Use a sharp knife to split the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
- Pour the wine into a large saucepan and add the vanilla seeds, vanilla pod, star anise, cinnamon stick, cloves and sugar. Heat on a low-medium heat, stirring everything to combine, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the pears, making sure they’re covered in the liquid and simmer with the lid on for 20-30 minutes until a toothpick pokes through easily. Take the pears out using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Turn up the heat to bring the syrup to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes until it has reduced by about ½, has thickened and looks syrupy. Remove the spices (you can save them for decoration if you wish). Add the pears back to the syrup and allow to cool.
- Serve at room temperature with our Pear ‘n’ Maple limited edition yoghurt.
Top tip: if you can’t manage to eat all your wine ‘n’ spiced poached pears in one sitting, the pears and syrup can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week!
If you make our wine ‘n’ spiced poached pears, then share it with us on social media and tag us in your creations using #thecollectivekitchen and we might have to treat you!
Facebook – thecollectiveinuk
Twitter – collectivedairy
Instagram – thecollectiveuk
Photo and recipe credit: Olivia Williamson