yoghurt and plum rice pud01.02.18
Alrighty, you’ll need:
For the rice pudding
- 160g short grain pudding rice
- 900ml milk, semi-skimmed or whole
- 40g caster sugar
For the poached plums
- 300ml water
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tsp. crushed pink peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 plums
- 2 tsp. runny honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla paste or essence
- 450g The Collective Plum ‘n’ Honey yoghurt
- Pinch of salt
Now you just need to:
- Put the rice, milk and sugar into a pain and bring to the boil before quickly turning down to simmer. Cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring often until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, get started on the poached plums. In a separate smaller pan, heat the water and sugar gently until the sugar has dissolved. Add the pink peppercorns and the bay leaf.
- Halve the plums and remove the stones. Place them in the same pan, cut side up, making sure they are submerged in the liquid. Simmer the plums for 15-20 minutes until soft, but still holding their shape.
- When the plums are cooked, remove them with a slotted spoon and set aside. Turn the heat up on the poaching liquid and allow to bubble for a few minutes, reducing the liquid by about half.
- Turn the heat down slightly and stir in the honey. Cook for another minute and then allow to cool. The liquid should be a sticky, syrupy consistency on cooling. Don’t forget to remove the bay leaf!
- Stir in the villa, yoghurt and a pinch of salt to the rice pudding. Spoon into bowls and top with the plums and a good drizzle of the syrup.
- Serve cold with a sprinkle of pink peppercorns.
This recipe was created by our pal Olivia Williamson. If you make our Yoghurt and Plum Rice Pud, then share it with us on social media and tag us in your creations using #thecollectivekitchen and we might have to treat you!
Facebook – thecollectiveinuk
Twitter – collectivedairy
Instagram – thecollectiveuk