This delicious gluten-free tea time cake from ‘Cooking Them Healthy’ is made from our new Banana ‘n’ Vanilla Kids Big Tub yoghurt and with extra protein coming from the ground almonds and whole milk it makes an awesome afternoon snack for your li’l one.
Alrighty, you’ll need:
- 120g The Collective Kids Banana ‘n’ Vanilla yoghurt
- 200g ground almonds
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 80g light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- Small handful of desiccated coconut
- 8-inch spring form cake tin
Now you need to:
- Preheat the oven to 170C (gas mark 5).
- Grease the cake tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Place the ground almonds and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, yoghurt, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and combine everything together well.
- Pour the cake mixture into the lined tin and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle over the desiccated coconut and top with the sliced banana pieces, then place into the middle of your preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes (or until the cake is golden and a skewer comes out clean).
Our friends Jo Saunders and Georgie Soskin, a Chef and Nutritional Therapist from ‘Cooking Them Healthy’ are on a mission to make family meals healthy, nutritious and delicious. They’ve created 3 recipes from our new Kid’s Big Tubs to fuel your li’l ones throughout the day.
If you have a go at Banana ‘n’ Vanilla yoghurt cake for your little ones, then share it with us on social media and tag us in your creations with the hashtag #thecollectivekids!
Facebook – thecollectiveinuk
Twitter – collectivedairy
Instagram – thecollectiveuk