Packed with slow release energy, protein and fruits, our Bircher Muesli recipe from ‘Cooking Them Healthy‘ is a tasty brekkie for li’l tummies – as you can make it the night before it is also great for busy mums!
Alrighty, you’ll need:
- 90g rolled oats
- 4 dollops* The Collective Strawberry ‘n’ Raspberry Kids Big Tub yoghurt
- 40g raisins
- 40g crushed mixed nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, pecans)
- 120ml milk
- 1 apple, grated
- Handful mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp. nut butter (such as cashew or almond)
- Honey to drizzle (optional)
- Seasonal fruit, we think berries work brilliantly!
*dollop = 1 large tablespoon
Now you need to:
- Mix the apple, oats, raisins, nuts, milk and yoghurt in a big bowl together.
- Cover and place the mixture into the fridge overnight. The oats and raisins will soften and swell, bringing out the delicious flavour!
- Add a splash of milk to loosen the mixture slightly and stir.
- Serve in kilner jars or bowls, sprinkle over the seeds, top with a spoonful of nut butter, then add a drizzle of honey and seasonal fruit.
P.S. This recipe can be nut free if required, just leave out the mixed nuts and nut butter!
Our friends Jo Saunders and Georgie Soskin, a Chef and Nutritional Therapist from ‘Cooking Them Healthy’ are on a mission to make family meals healthy, nutritious and delicious. They’ve created 3 recipes from our new Kid’s Big Tubs to fuel your li’l ones throughout the day.
If you have a go at our Strawberry ‘n’ Raspberry Bircher Muesli, then share it with us on social media and tag us in your creations with the hashtag #thecollectivekids and we might have to treat you!
Facebook – thecollectiveinuk
Twitter – collectivedairy
Instagram – thecollectiveuk